The crumbly texture of a proper scone is absolutely addictive. If you’re not familiar with the feeling, our version with raisins and cinnamon sugar will convince you.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Yields: 8 Scones
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup quick oats
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ cup (1 stick) butter, cut into small pieces
1/3 cup fat free milk
1 egg, lightly beaten or ¼ cup egg substitute
1/2 cup raisins or any small dried fruit
1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients. Add butter and mix until the dough is crumbly.
3. Stir in milk, egg and raisins. Knead for a few minutes until all ingredients are moistened.
4. Turn dough unto cookie sheet and spread to form an 8 to10-inch circle. With a butter knife, cut circle into 8 triangles. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.